Iranian Green Film biennial Festival was founded in 1999. The first edition of the festival was held in February 1999 and the next editions were held in 2001, 2003 and 2005.
Having audiences internationally from more than 40 countries during the previous editions and hundred thousand of national audiences, Iran Green film festival possess both national and international significance.
After a 10-year gap in the International Green Film Festival, in 2014 which named: “the year of Economy and Culture with national will and management”, the Iranian Department of Environment decided to revive the festival as a substantial cultural movement for protecting the environment. It was decided that the festival should be organized by an NGO. Among the candidates, Green Civilization, Artists protecting the Environment was honored to be selected as the executive organizer of Iran’s 5th International Green Film Festival in 2016.
With the aim of promoting the culture of environmental protection with artistic expression and recognizing valuable art works to increase public awareness on environmental matters, the 5th International Green Film Festival of Iran , May 13th to 20th. 2016.
The festival generally divides into two National and International sections.
International competition includes competitive and non-competitive sections:
International Competition of Motion Pictures, Documentary Movies and Animations:
– Long Motion Pictures (More than 50 minutes)
– Short Motion Pictures (Less than 30 minutes)
– Long Documentary movies (More than 30 minutes)
– Short Documentary movies (Less than 30 minutes)
Non-competitive section includes Workshops, Conferences, Seminars and Speeches related to festival and in particularly:
– “Investigating impacts of visual arts on cultural and educational structures of environmental protection matters and the role of NGOs”
– workshop - “Renewal and Recycled energies”
– workshops - Educational workshops on “Protecting the environment at home, work, school, public locations and nature”
– “Artworks’ Review and Criticism”
– workshops - Panel discussions with leading national and international filmmakers
– Artwork review of one selected national and one selected international filmmaker and rewarding their achievements
– Reward an individual or NGO with remarkable activities in environmental protection
– Reward three selected green manufacturing or service companies and screen short introductions of their green activities in the festival
– Reward three active artists in environmental protection acts
5thIran International Green Film Festival
Deadline 2016, February 19th – Festival May 2016, 13th-20th
RULES & REGULATIONS
Introduction and Policies
The 5thIran International Green Film Festival will be held in May 13th – 20th, 2016,
with the objectives of recognizing, screening and awarding the best national and international Films with the subject of protecting the environment and natural resources, and increasing public awareness and sensibility on this matter.
Raising public awareness and promoting the culture of environmental preservation Publicizing artworks, especially by using of Film medium, related to environmental preservation.
Providing opportunities for closer communication between artists and the public in relation to environmental preservation. Improving the quality of artistic products in the field of environment. Encouraging public participation in preserving the environment by using the medium of Film.
Institutionalizing the belief and understanding of the necessity of preserving the environment among the people and government.
Entries should have content in accordance to the culture and principles of preserving the environment, have a release date of January 1st 2011 and onwards, and are participant to the Iran International Green Film Festival for the first time.
The 5thIran International Green Film Festival consists of competitive and non-competitive sections as presented below:
A- International Competition of Fiction Films, Documentary Films and Animations:
– Long Fiction Films (More than 50 minutes)
– Short Fiction Films (Less than 30 minutes)
– Long Documentary Films (More than 30 minutes)
– Short Documentary Films (Less than 30 minutes)
The jury consists of professionals for official sections of the festival. The jury’s decision is final.
– Golden Gazelle and 5000 USD for The Best Long Fiction Film
– Golden Gazelle and 4000 USD for The Best Director of Long Fiction Film
– Golden Gazelle and 3000 USD for The Best Short Fiction Film
– Golden Gazelle and 2000 USD for The Best director of Short Fiction Film
– Honorary Diploma and 3000 USD for The Best Screenplay
– Honorary Diploma and 3000 USD for the Jury’s Choice for the most special and remarkable film
– Golden Gazelle and 5000 USD for The Best Long Documentary Film
– Golden Gazelle and 4000 USD for The Best Director of Long Documentary Film
– Golden Gazelle and 3000 USD fort The Best Short Documentary Film
– Golden Gazelle and 2000 USD fort The Best director of Short Documentary Film
– Festival Diploma and 3000 USD for the jury’s Choice on the best research or best technical achievement
– Golden Gazelle and 3000 USD for The Best Animation film
– Golden Gazelle and 2000 USD for The Best Director of Animation Film
– Honorary Diploma and 3000 USD for The Jury’s Choice on remarkable achievement
– Festival Diploma and 2000 USD for The Best Educational Film
– Festival Diploma and 2000 USD for The Best Children and Youth Film
– Festival Diploma and 2000 USD for The Best Film on the subject of “Environment and Family”