The 24th Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital will take place in Washington, D.C., USA next March 15th-26th, 2016. The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital is the largest and longest-running environmental film festival in the country and the largest film festival in Washington, D.C. Most screenings include discussion with filmmakers, environmental experts and cultural leaders.
EFF accepts films in any genre, with themes related to the natural and built environment. Special considerations are made for films related to the 2016 Festival theme, “Parks: Protecting Wild”. Please note that films without an environmental theme will not be reviewed.
To submit a film for the 2016 Festival, please refer to the information below:
- Filmmakers should create a FilmFreeway account to complete the EFF submission process.
- Filmmakers with an existing account can visit the EFF FilmFreeway page to get started.
- IMPORTANT: Before filmmakers can submit their entry through FilmFreeway, they will be asked for an “EFF Film Submission Code.” Please use EFF2016
- EFF will accept Award and General Submissions for the 2016 Festival until November 15, 2015 and Eric Moe Sustainability Film Award submissions until November 1, 2015.
- Filmmakers will be contacted about selection status by January 15, 2016 through FilmFreeway.
- Please contact our submissions team with any questions.